Thursday 30 April 2015

The It-Girl by Katy Birchall Review

The It-Girl by Katy Birchall


“You’ve spent your entire life complaining about not being popular and, now that you are popular, you want to be unpopular again?”

That pretty much sums up the book. The It-Girl is the typical story of a girl who’s defined by her weird status and how her life changes when she becomes popular. I liked Anna with her obsession with her dog, her quest to watch movies before her time and easy going personality. The book had many funny moments alongside cringe worthy/embarrassing moments which made me like Anna more. Following stereotypes the book did have the entire girl gets lost in fame and loses herself theme and at times Anna’s naivety was annoying. However the different relationships in the book; friendships and family were really sweet alongside the cute romance sub plot. I liked the writing style and the email format some of the chapters took – the book is a quick and light read. Plus this book really reminded me of The Princess Diaries.


 ★★★☆☆

1 comment:

  1. I have this book on my netgalley and I can't wait to read it, great review!!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete